Santa Fe bits

So, we stayed in an RV park on the outskirts of Santa Fe, towards the Albuquerque side of town. Sadly, there are no RV parks right in old Santa Fe, surprising, right?! We did get into the old part of town and also to their Saturday farmers market at the Railyards. We both love photography, but neither of us are diehard art lovers, so we didn't spend much time browsing the hundreds of art galleries and shops in town. I did get to the Georgia O'Keefe museum, which I highly recommend. Again, I'm not a giant art lover, but this was a great museum and very informative on her life and career.
We didn't make it to Ghost Ranch (Georgia's home), but we did get to Abiquiu and hiked out to Plaza Blanca, on the recommendation of my friend Boots; thanks for that tip! It's off a dirt road that looks like you shouldn't be on it, but does in fact lead to a very cool canyon walk, with awesome white rocks; not the typical red rocks of this area. It was refreshingly cool in the shadows of the rocks, but I wouldn't want to be stuck there in a flash flood.
Back to Santa Fe: the one art museum we did both get to, isn't really quite a museum. It's more of an experience. My friend Ciara recommended it and Meow Wolf did not disappoint! [Thanks, Ciara] I will just add some pics and videos and you can go visit yourself, when you're in Santa Fe next. It was weird, wonderful and confusing, all at the same time.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Vino, anybody?